"Serving the people of Harrison, Carroll and Tuscarawas Counties for more than 35 years"
HomeWho We AreWhat We DoLocationsContact Us

Housing / Weatherization

Emergency Services







TOLL-FREE #855-806-9650



The Winter Crisis Program (WCP) was created to provide short-term financial assistance for low income households threatened with disconnection of heating source, already disconnected, or those with less than a ten day supply of bulk fuel (such as propane, coal, fuel oil or wood).

Program Dates:  November 1 to March 31


The Summer Crisis Program (SCP) provides cooling appliances (air conditioners) and/or a minimum payment on an electric bill for low income applicants meeting strict eligibility guidelines.  Program regulations for participation are subject to change each year.

Program Dates:  July 1 to August 31


Tuscarawas County

Family Support Center

108 N. 2nd St., Dennison

(740) 922-3600

email: dennfrontdesk@harcatus.org


140 W. High Ave., Suite B

New Philadelphia

(330) 343-8770

email: npfrontdesk@harcatus.org


     Carroll County

 Family Support Center

276-2nd St. SW, Carrollton

(330) 627-4101

email: carrfrontdesk@harcatus.org


Harrison County

Family Support Center

122 S. Main St., Cadiz

(740) 942-8886

email: harrfrontdesk@harcatus.org


NOTE:  Emergency Assistance or Referrals for food, shelter and/or utilities may be offered year-round at the Center Offices depending upon current funding availability, eligibility guidelines and individual county office collaboration efforts.



PIPP Plus is an extended payment arrangement that requires regulated gas and electric companies to accept payments based on a percentage of the household income for customers whose monthly countable income is at or below 150 percent of the current federal poverty guidelines. Under PIPP Plus, if you heat with gas, you pay 6 percent of your monthly household income to your gas company and 6 percent to your electric company. If you heat with electricity, you pay 10 percent of your monthly household income. The Community Action Agency or utility company will inform you of your PIPP Plus installment. Once you are enrolled in the program, you must pay your installment every month in full and on time. 

For the Energy Assistance Program application, a blank form
can be printed from the following link: